Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pocket " Poche "




- Comme des Garcon , Emboss Leather Coin Wallet -

Mood is an emotional state : Positive

Noise : Gush / excessive enthusiasm 

Effects : Victory dance & Smiling nausea

Facts: Once upon a time, gentlemen did not have to settle their bills straight away due to holding an account with their makers. Due to the advancement of credit cards we now have the "modern bi-fold wallets" which started in the 1950's. Perfect sized wallet is the pocket size dimension which is widely used till today.


My love for men's wear has been an obsession from a young child. I spend hours pouring over old photographs of my grandpa overlooking the beautiful details he selected for his attire. Always " So Handsome & Dapper". Being a gentlemen to me is about a persona or an affect that one could have. It is an approach to the way we carefully articulate our choices in everything we do. Personally, this very special blog will be my journey into "women hood" over the mannerism spanning over wide fields of etiquette that has been overlooked, forgotten and somehow can be revived through a women's perspective on being that perfect gentlemen . Oozing out sensuality for both sexes. 

Wallets are often an acquired taste, I have had many journeys with how I held my money in the past but particularly I was very fascinated by my best friend Amanda who carried a men's wallet which since then has not left my thoughts. So, through the long aspiring trip through Europe last year. My beautiful fiancee bought me my long awaited "Bottega", feel in love at first sight. The touch and smell, yes weirdly divine. The blue to me represented my femininity and gleefully enjoying the masculine compartmentalization of how I was going to hold my money . Very sexy, as I thought in my head !

Then I ran into this bizarre problem, I just had no where to put my coins? Finally , I had a light conversation with my fiancee " Where do you put your coins? " Responds " In my pocket". Well, unfortunately I do not seem to wear pants all the time. So two thoughts came to mind? I did not have a proper casing for these coins and also could not bear the thought of me jiggling around if I did wear pants.

Pouring over weeks on how I might resolve this minimal problem, I went through a number of key websites to disappointingly finding that the women's selection did not stir me up one bit. They were girly, sparkly and to flowery for little old me. Then, I got bored when suddenly I came across the lovely Mr porter, kudos to bryanboy's instagram updates. There it was "Comme Des Garcon" just handing everything I want in a silver platter. Tossing and turning, I began researching who stocks these beautiful gems in Melbourne.

Thanking my lucky stars that I found them in the "Pocket" pop up store in little Bourke street by chance. That made my day today! Yes this tiny piece of beautiful leather that came in the two choices is now , a beautiful single design. Aesthetic Perfection in my designer point of view, my coins now have a home! 



No comments:

Post a Comment